at risk again

Jan E.M. Houben j_e_m_houben at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 10 10:10:56 UTC 2003

On translations and esp. the
(non)translatability/(non)identifiability of Skt.
animal names (cf. the eight-legged zarabha!) see
Francis Zimmermann's "Junglebook" I think the
title was The jungle and the aroma of meats,
english version appeared ca. 1987, Berkeley,
Univ. of California.
J.H.