SV: please check for viruses

Birgit Kellner birgit.kellner at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Wed Aug 20 13:00:16 UTC 2003

Patrick Olivelle wrote:

> Friends: the only way to avoid viruses is to dump Windows/PC and go
> the virtuous way and buy a MAC!! We are so small no virus bothers to
> take us seriously!
>
> Patrick

Ahem, it's not really necessary to dump PCs; one might also just install
Linux on them. Yet Another Operating System Ignored by Viruses.

And with this remark, perhaps we could close this thread. All the
relevant information about the virus has been posted, so let's move on
to Manu or something else more indologically challenging :-)

Best regards,

Birgit Kellner