Gold Coins

Enrica Garzilli garzilli at ASIATICA.ORG
Thu Aug 7 20:22:09 UTC 2003

(Following Jan Houben) Dear Patrick Olivelle, since you know Italian, you
might want to read on the birth and the use of script in ancient India (and
on the scholarly debate on this problem), the excellent paper by Paolo
Daffinà, "Sull'uso della scrittura nell'India antica", in RSO, Vol. LXV,
Fasc. 1-2, 1992, pp. 13- 39.

Best,

eg
--