A Mysterious Varttika

David Rustin Mellins drm8 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Thu Aug 7 23:24:58 UTC 2003

My apologies for neglecting to change the subject heading in my last
inquiry. Not very exciting wedding conversation, but anyway. Again:

Does anyone recall seeing a varttika "hastAn nirasane"? In the
"RAkAgama", GAgAbhaTTa cites such a varttika as justification of Nic
in the verbal form hastayate, but I have not succeeded in finding
this in the denominative chapter of the "SiddhAnta KaumudI."

                                Thanks,

                                 David Mellins
                                 Columbia University