Buddhism as Iranian heresy?

Richard Salomon rsalomon at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Nov 6 16:32:27 UTC 2002

Yes, there is no reasonable doubt about this. It is also confirmed by recent
manuscript and epigraphical discoveries. Please see, for example, my
"Ancient Buddhist Scrolls from Gandhara" (Seattle/London 1999), esp. chapter
8 .

Richard Salomon