Calendar

gruenendahl GRUENEN at MAIL.SUB.UNI-GOETTINGEN.DE
Mon Mar 25 09:15:29 UTC 2002

> Friends:
>
> Could someone more adept at calendars and conversion programs be able
> to help me with a date? Samvat 1560 [= 1503 CE], month Caitra,
> fullmoon day [naksatra given but the name is torn in the ms], and it
> is a zanivaara [Saturday]. What day and month of the year would this
> be? Thanks.
>
> Patrick

Just a guess:
Subtracting 56 (instead of 57) for the expired karttikadi
(instead of caitradi) year of the Vikrama era, I get 1504 CE, in
which Caitra-purnima was on Saturday, 4 March 1504, the naksatra
being Hasta (cf. Swamikannu Pillai, Indian Ephemeris, vol. 5, p. 210).

Best regards

Reinhold Gruenendahl

Dr. Reinhold Gruenendahl
Niedersaechsische Staats- und Universitaetsbibliothek
Fachreferat sued- und suedostasiatische Philologien
(Dept. of Indology)

37070 Goettingen, Germany
Tel (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 52 83
Fax (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 23 61
gruenen at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de

FACH-INFORMATIONEN INDOLOGIE, GOETTINGEN:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindolo.htm
In English:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindole.htm

GRETIL - Goettingen Register of Electronic Texts in Indian Languages
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/gretil.htm