Western Nepal and South Indian Textile Industries

Jeffrey Lidke jeff_lidke at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 7 15:56:07 UTC 2002

Colleagues,

Two questions.  First, are any of you aware of any
scholars who are doing research on religion, politics,
and society in western Nepal?  Relatedly, can you
recommend any valuable published materials?  At this
point I am mostly working with Nepali sources.  I am
particularly interested in the interface of Sakta
Tantrism with the traditions of Mashto and the nine
Bhavanis in Accham.  Second, a student of mind is
planning to do research on textile industries in South
India.  Do any of you have recommendations for sources
or contact that might be of value in this regard?

Thank you,

Jeffrey Lidke
Bard College