Kh instead of S in Yajur Veda

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Tue Mar 5 22:24:35 UTC 2002

I have not heard the recitation of Kaa.nva YV and cannot make a comment.
However, all the references to this peculiarity of pronunciation (kh for
.s) relate only to the Maadhyandina YV.  This peculiarity as well as the
j-like pronunciation of initial y are noted in the two versions of the
Kezaviizik.saa included in the Zik.saasa.mgraha and these texts make it
clear that this happens only in the Maadhyandina YV.
                                            Madhav Deshpande

--On Sunday, March 3, 2002 10:44 AM -0500 Fred Smith