Manipravalam (Lilatilakam)

Timothy C. Cahill tccahill at LOYNO.EDU
Fri Jan 25 17:57:09 UTC 2002

To follow up on George Hart's remarks I'd like to point out that the
Lilatilakam has been edited at least seven times.  For details see entries
no. 520-526 in *An Annotated Bibliography of the Alamkarasastra* [HdO]
(Leiden: Brill, 2001).  Also listed there are several articles (see the
index), including the recent "Rubies and Coral: the Lapidary Crafting of
Language in Kerala" by Rich Freeman (JAS vol. 57.1 Feb. '98, pp. 38-65).
Apart from his jointly authored book (forthcoming), V. Narayana Rao has
published "Coconut and Honey: Sanskrit and Telugu in Pre-modern Andhra"
(Social Scientist 23 (10-12), pp. 24-40.)

best wishes,
Tim Cahill