Is Unicode welcome yet on the list?

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at LRZ.UNI-MUENCHEN.DE
Thu Jan 24 18:54:43 UTC 2002

Am Donnerstag 24 Januar 2002 02:50 schrieb Stefan Baums:

> since all the major operating systems and email clients have come to
> support Unicode by now (even though it might require some
> configuration), [...]

For the record: the diacritics miraculously and by themselves appeared
correctly in my email client KMail 1.2, running under SuSE Linux 7.2.
But others evidently still have problems (and although I can read those
signs, I do not know how to produce them if I would want to).

Perhaps the experiment has given the list members something to think
about and to try out, and we can bring up the subject again in a few
months?

RZ
Institut für Indologie und Iranistik
Universität München