Any suggestions!

George Hart ghart at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Wed Jan 23 21:42:29 UTC 2002

In Tamil, there are no voiced or aspirated consonants, as you probably know.
Thus siddham becomes cittam in Tamil, zabda becomes captam or even cattam.
It is common even for Tamil Sanskrit pundits to tend towards Tamil
pronunciation when reciting Sanskrit.  Perhaps, if a Tamilian copied these
manuscripts, he was merely reflecting his pronunciation.  George Hart