ISO 15919 Latin characters not in Unicode (fwd)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Jan 21 18:33:56 UTC 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:34:17 +0000
From: Dr Anthony P Stone <stone_catend at compuserve.com>
Subject: ISO 15919 Latin characters not in Unicode

Dear Colleagues

Now that ISO 15919 has been published, I am thinking about the Latin
characters with diacritics which are not currently available in composed
form in Unicode, but which are prescribed or recommended in ISO 15919.

Grouped lists of these characters may be found under section U9 at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stone_catend/triunico.htm

Those responsible for Unicode / ISO 10646 have decided not to
encode any more chararacters which have decompositions into the
standard.   So our best approach may be to point out to font publishers
such as Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, Monotype, Linotype, etc., that support
for these character combinations is needed in their OpenType fonts.

Regards,  Tony

Dr Anthony P. Stone, Project Leader for ISO 15919 on transliteration of
Indic scripts under ISO/TC46/SC2/WG14.
   Thinking aloud on transliteration:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stone_catend/translit.htm
   How to use ISO 15919: