sharing documents: in praise of PDF

George Hart ghart at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Jan 8 16:45:41 UTC 2002

Might I point humbly out that this is an Indology forum, not a Sanskrit
forum.  PDF format works equally well with Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam,
Kannada, Bengali, Oriya etc. -- and it works on Macs as well as PC's.  (In
fact, the quartz graphic layer for Mac OS X uses PDF format).  Sanskrit,
while no doubt a critical and central language for Indology, is only one of
many languages and traditions that scholars of premodern South Asia need to
consider.  Thanks.  George Hart