hamsa, goose and swan

John C. Huntington huntington.2 at OSU.EDU
Sun Feb 10 22:54:20 UTC 2002

Dear Friends,

Forgive me for entering into a private conversation but I think the
swan is a Central Asian Bird that was domesticated by Eastern
Europeans and others.  It was certainly a game bird in the Kurgans at
Pazyryk in the trans Altai.

If there was a species of swan in early Indic regions it would be
interesting to know

John C. Huntington