Sanskrit Knowledge Systems on the Eve of Colonialism

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Feb 8 00:30:54 UTC 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, George Hart wrote:

> Sorry, Tim et al., but this is just not true -- there are works in Telugu,
> Kannada, Urdu, Bengali, Marathi, various kinds of Hindi, and even Tamil, and
> they vastly outnumber anything in Sanskrit.

How could you leave out Persian?!

As a participant of the project, I can say that we are very aware of the
kind of linguistic and epistemological plurality that George refers to.
I hope that people will be interested in the writing and ideas that come
out of this project, and not judge it merely by it's title. But it's a
good title, I think, and it manages to say something important, even if it
doesn't capture quite everything the project is about.

Best,
Dominik

--
Dr Dominik Wujastyk