Finite karman/destiny patterns?

Ashok Aklujkar aklujkar at INTERCHANGE.UBC.CA
Fri Aug 9 17:41:10 UTC 2002

A talk of 84 lak.sa yonis is heard in the tradition. In the foreseeable
future, I would not have the time needed to determine what the textual
support for this is. However, I am certain that the view is a part of the
Indian tradition. Whether it necessarily implies "a limitation to the
variety of  karmic manifestation"  I am not sure. It may stand for the
extent of one possible cycle, among many, made of life forms or simply for a
theoretical set made of  possible variations  in horoscopes (or of only the
significantly different variations  in horoscopes).