Fwd: TR: IMPORTANT ET SERIEUX VIRUS SUIVRE INSTRUCTIONS

Birgit Kellner birgit.kellner at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Tue Apr 30 13:46:16 UTC 2002

Dear Pascale and others,

the following is a quote from an anti-virus homepage:
"In April 2002 there appeared a hoax message concerning a new virus that
was reportedly discovered in Windows utility JDBGMGR.EXE. The jdbgmgr is a
standard windows component that is found in every windows installation, it
is used as Java debugger manager in Microsoft Java runtime engine. We
checked several versions of this utility from Windows installations and
found nothing malicious in them.

Please ignore this hoax or anything similar warning about jdbgmgr.exe and
don't pass it on.

If you have deleted JDBGMGR.EXE from your system, it can be restored by
installing updated version of Microsft Virtual Machine or Internet
Explorer.

Please note that some e-mail worms (for example, Magistr) might sometimes
send an infected JDBGMGR.EXE in an e-mail attachment, but this infection is
caused by Magistr not JDBGMGR by itself. So the bottom line is, if you
receive JDBGMGR.EXE or any other windows component by email, it is most
probably a file infected by a virus. If you find JDBGMGR.EXE from your
system directory, it is most probably a clean file."

http://www.europe.f-secure.com/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.shtml

Best regards,

Birgit Kellner

--On Dienstag, 30. April 2002 06:04 -0700 Pascale Haag Bernede