Indian calendar program

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Sep 14 14:59:49 UTC 2001

For general information.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 05:52:24 -0400
From: Raymond Mercier <RaymondM at compuserve.com>

Dear Dominik,

Yano:
Your message some time ago about Michio Yano's calendar program prompts me
to say that I wish you would give some publicity also to my Kairos program,
Windows program for Win95 etc.. Quite possibly you did not even know of it.
It is a general calendar coversion program that includes, among a lot of
others, the Indian calendar according to a choice of source parameters,
choice of Mean and True tithis, and a display that includes all possible
combinations of Era, amanta, punimanta months, etc. I have a web site for
it:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/RaymondM

True, I charge £60 for it, but it covers a lot of ground. If you would like
a full version for yourself, please tell me. It is widely used, and indeed
the Staatsbibliothek in Berlin bought no less than 4 copies.
The version to appear next will include a complete Chinese chronology,
with Chinese characters, and a calendar based directly exactly on the
authoritative Chinese calendar tables.
[...]

Best,
Raymond