Axel Michaels edited book "The Pandit"

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Tue Oct 30 16:35:48 UTC 2001

George Hart's statement that Kaalidaasa, from his name which includes the
word daasa, must be a zuudra is very strange.  There are any number of
Brahmins in Maharashtra and elsewhere who have names like Raamadaasa,
K.r.s.nadaasa, etc. and there is no necessary reason to believe that any
name that includes the word daasa must be a zuudra name.
                                        Madhav

--On Tuesday, October 30, 2001 7:36 AM -0800 George Hart