The evil eye in Skt literature?

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at MACUNLIMITED.NET
Wed Nov 28 19:14:02 UTC 2001

What about the various accounts of how baby GaNeSa came to  acquire his
elephant head?  In some versions, his original head was blasted by the
glance of S'ani, the planet Saturn, or even by that of S'iva himself.

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK

At 8:06 am -0700 28/11/01, jkirk wrote:
>Thanks for these references and Hindi term which I do know--I'm acquainted
>with Dundes's book but not the others--been a while....
To pursue this line a bit futher,