is the Gita dishonest?

Arun Gupta suvidya at OPTONLINE.NET
Mon Mar 26 18:56:08 UTC 2001

To keep myself out of trouble, I'm using up my second post for today
with the following, also from an online essay :

The Copenhagen Interpretation was primarily the product of Neils Bohr and
Werner Heisenberg, who were strongly supported by Max Born, Wolfgang Pauli
and John von Neumann. Among those opposed to the Copenhagen Interpretation
have been Albert Einstein, Erwin Schroedinger, Louis de Broglie, Max Planck,
David Bohm, Alfred Landé, Karl Popper and Bertrand Russell. While those
supporting the Copenhagen Interpretation constitute a "school" and an
"orthodoxy", those opposed to it have widely divergent views. But the latter
have been uniformly vilified as too simple-minded or too "old fashioned" to
understand such "modern" ideas as acausality and positivism. Soviet
physicists also opposed the Copenhagen Interpretation, but on the grounds
that it is an "idealism", to be contrasted to a "dialectical materialist"
view of reality.

---

-Arun Gupta