SV: Uninformed discussion on the Gita

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Mon Mar 26 10:34:08 UTC 2001

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Lars Martin Fosse wrote:

> Dominik Wujastyk [SMTP:ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK] skrev 26. mars 2001 00:35:
> > The discussion of the Gita this month has generated 50 messages to date,
> > yet not one citation of Jean Przyluski's famous and fundamental study of
> > the work.  How is this possible?
>
> OK, you got me interested. What are the exact bibliography data?

The (rather) comprehensive bibliography of Przyluski's works put
together by Alexander W. MacDonald and Marcelle Lalou mentions only two
articles that deal inter alia with the Bhagavadgita (see A.W.
MacDonald et Marcelle Lalou: L'oeuvre de Jean Przyluski. Paris
1970, No. 40 and No. 114).

Dominik Wujastyk possibly means the monograph of Étienne Lamotte?
That is:
	Lamotte, Étienne: Notes sur la Bhagavadgita. Paris:
	Geuthner, 1929 (Société Belge d'études orientales)

Peter Wyzlic

--
Indologisches Seminar, Universitaet Bonn
Regina-Pacis-Weg 7