The artful destruction of the Bamiyan Buddha

Ven. Tantra troyoga at YAHOO.COM
Sat Mar 24 13:23:57 UTC 2001

Yes, it has left us all speechless, hasn�t it. In Jakarta we viewed
beautiful French TV5 footage of a tremendous cloud of smoke and dust in
the aftermath of a mortar blast striking the standing Bamiyan Buddha. By
achieving new heights of poignant post-modernity, the Taleban authorities
have paid great hommage to those illustrious patriarchs of Surrealism -
Luis Bu�uel and Salvador Dali. We nominate the Taleban�s stunning
installation for the Grand Prix d'Art 2001. Bravo!

Ven. Tantra
Jasmine Hermitage