expert needed on Kristapurana of Thomas Stephens, S.J.

venantius j pinto mudra at INCH.COM
Mon Mar 19 04:16:29 UTC 2001

Dear Allen,
Try the Thomas Stephens Konknni Kendr at Alto Porvorim, Goa at the address
below.
http://www.goacom.com/tskk/

Perhaps you could also try Francisco Alves, currently at
alvesf at georgetown.edu

On a contemporary vein a Rev. Dr William Barboza had recently worked at the
TSKK to revise his translation of the Konknni Bible prior to publication -
to be put out by the Mangalore Diocese.

I have a feeling that you will find help at the TSKK.

venantius j pinto

Allen W. Thasher wrote:
>Does anyone know anyone working on the texts of the Kristapurana or
>other Konkani works of Thomas Stephens, S.J.?
>
>Is Shantaram Bandelu who edited the Kristapurana back in 1956 still
>alive?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Allen
>

>Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
>
>Senior Reference Librarian       101 Independence Ave., SE
>Southern Asia Section               LJ-150
>Asian Division                            Washington, DC 20540-4810
>Library of Congress                     U.S.A.
>tel. 202-707-3732                       fax 202-707-1724
>Email: athr at loc.gov
>
>The opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of the
>Library of Congress.

Venantius J Pinto
664 West 163rd Street, #57
New York, NY 10032-4527