Serious warning about "indological at yahoogroups.com"

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Sat Mar 17 15:11:49 UTC 2001

As you know, Aditya Mishra has set up another discussion list,
"indological at yahoogroups.com" which espouses his values more closely than
INDOLOGY.

It has been brought to my attention by a member of INDOLOGY that:

> Aditya, whoever he is, has taken my e-mail (since i am a subscribes to
> ur indology list and one'e e-mail is displayed in ur list) and has
> mischeviously added me onto another list of his own. There are other
> indology list members whose names have been added (without our prior
> permission, of course).

It looks as though Aditya has taken about seventy names from INDOLOGY and
subscribed them all to his indological group without permission or
consultation.  This happened on 16 March 2001.  There is even a suggestion
that when a member discovered this, and unsubscribed from indological,
Aditya resubscribed them once again, against their wishes.

Aditya has said in his list:
>I did subscribe a few people originally and a few of them have chosen to
>unsubscribe but I see no need to do resubscribe any one now.

This is a very serious matter, and it is likely to be a breach
of Yahoo's Terms of Service.

None of this has anything to do with INDOLOGY, or me, but I feel it is
appropriate to pass on the information here, since Aditya has targetted
INDOLOGY members.

If you have a complaint you wish to make to Yahoo, the form is at
  http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/abuse/cgi_abuse

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.