SV: "Bagger Vance" & Doniger on the Gita

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 15 14:13:53 UTC 2001

Dear Prof. Raman,

Are you a professor of Sanskrit? The response sounds more like
writings from Church or Mosque. Philology, Study of Myth involve
lifetime training and working at it. Indira and Wendy have
done that.

Sri. Bhadriah whose interpretations of prANA, upanishads are pretty novel
to read Science into them writes: "I understand it is not possible to discuss
everything in a presentation, but a more relaxed reflection on the topic
should have made her realize the omission. The message of gIta was kriSNa's
pacifism was timely and arjuna's pacifism is not."

I'm sure when Doniger or Indira Peterson write about Gita,
they have done the reflections for years as academic professionals
of Sanskrit texts. Doniger isn't "ignorant".

Regards,
SM