Plight of Buddhist art

kr rkandia at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU
Fri Mar 2 03:10:29 UTC 2001

LKG-ji,

I think your argument is out of place.
At this moment, Islam is not on trial,
but the blasting of the Bamiyan Buddhas.
None of a sensible person can defend this
destruction in any point of view.

Babri Masjid demolition or the demolition of Hindu temples
in Pakistan and Bangladesh or the deliberate Hindu/Christian/Buddhist
temple demolitions and damages in Sri Lanka are no different
from the above one. We defend(ed) at least one of them with our
own linear logic.

Let alone a constructive action, it seems to me, many of us even do not want
to lament about any of these happenings (including the Afgan one). However
we catch every drop of opportunity to make more fuss and a lengthy moral
lecture only because we need an excuse to blame our opponents for the
happenings.

If you people are not able to blow a soap bubble, at least save the bytes
of others by keeping the feud off the forum or in other fora (of course,
there are many in every regional language ;-)). It may make the list
moderator’s net-babysitting much easier.

[Agreed, this is the only environment my kind of readers can have something
to say ;-)]

-/kr