Plight of Buddhist art

Aditya Mishra a018967t at BC.SEFLIN.ORG
Thu Mar 1 16:22:36 UTC 2001

Raveen Satkurunathan <tawady at YAHOO.COM> has written as follows:

>Muslim (political) party to urge Taliban against destroying statues
>
>http://www.indiaabroaddaily.com/2001/02/28/28taliban.html
>
>Rauf Hakeem
>
>"This decree is wrong and has been taken without the proper understanding
>of Islamic tolerance," said Hakeem. He appealed to all governments to join
>in pressuring the Afghan authorities from carrying out the order

He can say anything because he lives in Sri Lanka which is a Buddhist
majority state where Buddhists are no more tolerant of minorities than
Afghanitanis.
---
Yours sincerely,
Aditya Mishra
Please note my new Primary email: aditya at cheerful.com
Primary homepage: http://www.pompano.net/~aditya
ICQ # 1131674 Phone #: (954)746-0442  Fax # (209)315-8571
Random thought of the day:
        If I save the whales, where do I keep them?