Postponement of the 17th ECMSAS

Axel Michaels axel.michaels at URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Wed Jul 25 15:20:08 UTC 2001

Dear colleagues,

As some of you have already learned, it has become necessary to postpone the
17th European Conference on Modern South Asian Studies (ECMSAS) until September
2002. During the final stages of preparing for the Conference, we learned that
the original date clushed not only with the World Chemistry Congress (approx.
1.500 participants!), but also with the Formula One Race at Hockenheim, two
events that will ensure that not a single bed will be available in and around
Heidelberg in the last week of July 2002. We have therefore decided to hold the
Conference between 9-14 September 2002, these dates being definite and final.

I am very much aware that all of you have tight and busy schedules, and that
such a postponement may cause you considerable inconvenience. This I deeply
regret, but under the circumstances, there was no other reasonable alternative.
I ask for your understanding in the matter, and particularly of those who have
undertaken to organise sessions. To all of you I express the hope of seeing you
at a successful gathering in Heidelberg in the early autumn of next year.

With best wishes,
Yours sincerely,

Axel Michaels
Executive Director