Information on book needed

Harry Spier harryspier at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 30 12:36:38 UTC 2001

Dear list members,

A while ago I came across a reference to a book about the training of a
Vaidika in a Vedashala but I can no longer find the reference.  As far as I
can remember the title was something like "The Making of a Vaidika"? or "The
Making of a Vaidika in 'some area of India' "? .  Searching the Library of
Congress website didn't turn up anything.  If any of the members recognize
this can they give me the bibliographic reference.  Also if anyone knows of
any books or articles on the training of Vaidikas can they also let me know
about those.

Many thanks,

Harry Spier
371 Brickman Rd.