Did you hear this?

Arun Gupta suvidya at OPTONLINE.NET
Tue Jan 30 04:42:35 UTC 2001

I'm also told that the Bhagavad Gita is extremely popular at one of the
Indian Institutes of Management.

Horror of horrors !  How can this be permitted ? The Gita isn't used at
Wharton or at Stanford.  Only Indologists and descendants of the flower
children pay any attention to that primitive superstitious book.  Quick, let
us find a Times of India correspondent to write about it.  We should point
out that IIM using the Gita is antiquated, irrelevant, anti-secular, anti-
Muslim, Hindu revivalist, caste-ist, fascist. The Gita is written in a dead
language which no respectable person should want to learn. A few sneers will
help.

---

Such are the disasters that are born in India.  I think "Paritranaya
sadhunam..." etc., is long overdue.

-Arun Gupta