Error Correction

Bjarte Kaldhol bjartekal at AH.TELIA.NO
Mon Jan 29 11:28:47 UTC 2001

Dear Narayan R. Joshi,

I am afraid your errors are not only those of spelling.
You wrote:

>It appears that kibret means four (Catur)...

It is not kibrat (sic) that means "four", but arbaim (sic). This phrase,
$ar kibrat(im) arbaim, means "king of the four edges/rims/shores" (of
Mesopotamia), in Sumerian written as LUGAL.AN.UB.DA.LIMMU2.BA.

Also, to think that Cakravarti has anything to do with relations between
India and the Neolithic Near East of 4000 BC - if this is what you mean -
is absurd. At this early date, there were no 'Aryan' speakers anywhere, no
cities, no empires and therefore no "kings of the four edges of the world".

Best wishes,
Bjarte Kaldhol