Logic of Yoga

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 22 16:22:23 UTC 2001

>From: "Ven. Tantra" <troyoga at YAHOO.COM>
>Are you not rearticulating ...same sort of cunning multi-level >marketing
>of "sacredness," "Grand Plan" and "redemption"?

veda paraibhASa is only recommended for those who know atleast one method of
arriving at truth under ANY circumstances, including some prANAyAma just in
case the idea can not be expressed in words where one can (cunningly) use
words like vyAna to fill the gaps. In other words it is for them who don't
need any redemption or at least who are not looking for such thing.
Redemption is always optional.

>Why the preference for sacrifice? We invite simplification.

As I said earlier even at Vedic times every one was not equally intelligent.
So they corectly predicted that people will forget, and designed the ritual
as a symbolic way to represent/remember the complexity of the knowledge, not
unlike the techniques a ghanApAThi uses to remember the chants. We can not
deny there is a significance to these techniques themselves, but let us go
one step at a time.

The scope of Chemistry expanded after discovery of sub-atomic particles. If
scholars use agni etc, the scope of lingustics or any other subject will
expand (IMO) because that is the simplest possible convention, because even
the preparations the body makes before speaking out a syllable are included
in this convention. I hope this concludes the discussion.

Regards
Bhadraiah