Karave caste and Kurus

Raveen Satkurunathan tawady at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 9 18:12:12 UTC 2001

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 05:32:30 +0000, Narayan R.Joshi <giravani at JUNO.COM>
wrote:

>I know
>however that Kurus and Kambojas in the past did reach Shri Lanka as
>attested by the presence of these name in the ancient cave inscriptions of
>Lanka.

Dear Mr. Joshi,

My references regarding attestation of tribal/ethnic groups in ancient Sri
Lanka only mention derivations (prakrit versions) of Kamboja, Maurya,
Murunda, Mlecha and Dravida. I am unable to locate Kuru. Can you help
please ?

Raveen