Karnataka/KannaDa (was: Karave caste and Kurus)

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 8 14:15:34 UTC 2001

CilappatikAram (5th cent. ?) has karunaTar, and
later texts has the country name as kan2n2a- in tamil texts.

Do we have other examples where -mn- become -nn- in Kannada?
as in kam-nADu to kannADu.