question on recaka-pUraka-kumbhaka

SuryaPrakash Sharma ridhi88 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 4 21:03:09 UTC 2001

  "Ven. Tantra" <troyoga at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

A yogini in Rome writes:

> In Ramayana, we find Queen Kausalya, mother of Rama,
> practicing pranyama and introducing certain vedic
> texts into the breathing. In order to do this, she
> would have to practice a certain rhythm.

VT
It is a well known fact that in ancient times,the men and women both were daily practising the ritualistic fire at their houses to clean the atmosphere,simultaneously they were practicing yoga regularly without fail,to keep their inner self clean and pure.Rama himself was a great yogi,having a perfect yoginy"seeta" his wife.The mantra,koushlya was chanting may be true,but it is very difficult to say exactly which mantra she used to chant.there are many rituals.and hymes each one having its own rythm,which are to be chanted mentally only while breathing in and out.

spsharma<ridhi88 at yahoo.com>

http://photos.yahoo.com/