Double truth etc

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 2 18:42:27 UTC 2001

Sri Sundaresan,

I wrote..

>indra or viSNu may derive independently from Existence... but still >from
>the highest stand point they are mere symbols.

One correction please:

Talking "Java":  As indra, viSNu and others work with each other in the
yajna while they run on different "threads", each of these interfaces do
have "methods" unique to them; e.g., viSNu's famous three strides, his being
the door guardian of gods (viSNu is the first perception of the Unknown);
and indra's methods to kill vRtra; rudrA's ownership over what remains at
the place of worship (Ai.Br or K.Br) (because the last perception of the
Known is rudra, similar to Java's garbage collection algorithm which claims
all unused memory to make it more efficient) and so on. The background
object (brahman) has neither data nor methods. I guess in future we will
have classes defined for all systems of philosophy.  Till then I promise, no
more Java on this list.

About samAna being at navel: "(The priest) brahmaNacchAnsin is in here at
the middle navel suture.." (kausItaki.Br pp 518 M.B.das). The embryo gets
used to thinking of the navel as the source of nourishment for the first
9-10 months in the most formative stage of its nervous system, its neurology
is designed to think that way, but this 'childhood experience' will continue
to drive it even after the navel has been stitched up. I think we are just
scratching the subject. More at VedicRitual egroup later.

Best regards
Bhadraiah