Islam and Idols (Re: Plight of Buddhist art)

Aditya Mishra a018967t at BC.SEFLIN.ORG
Wed Feb 28 18:18:33 UTC 2001

Rustam Masalewala <masalewala at HOTMAIL.COM> has written as follows:
>Is destruction of idols against Islam? Or is it an essential part?
Do you consider a mosque as idol too or not?
What about the black stone in Kaaba?
I understand it was used an idol even before Mohammad's time.

>Many of the world's art treasures are now in Islamic
>countries. There will be more when more regions turn
>Islamic.
Is this  your prophecy  or desire?

---
Yours sincerely,
Aditya Mishra
Please note my new Primary email: aditya at cheerful.com
Primary homepage: http://www.pompano.net/~aditya
ICQ # 1131674 Phone #: (954)746-0442  Fax # (209)315-8571
Random thought of the day:
        When I am sad, I sing, and then the world is sad with me.  ... Anon.