Missing the Point of the Many Masks [was: dvija varNa]

Bob Peck rpeck at NECA.COM
Thu Feb 22 14:50:10 UTC 2001

>[Continued]: A study of the quasi-historicity and mythic background of the
>Jesus story could help in this regard. One becomes amazed how the Roman
>Church based its entire universal view on what can only be seen as a
>purely concocted figure called Jesus, "The Christ,"
>A study of the quasi-historicity and mythic background of the

I was raised believing in the Christ and then rejected Christianity out of
hand. I then turned East and after much digging I found that the East also
distorted truth. Without the Eastern bias I could question origin of
critical words and found other meanings with the original? literal
translations. (The five ‘M”,s of Tantra or the slitting of the tongue in the
hathayogapradipika are excellent examples)
I then returned to words of Jesus and again looked at key words and found
wide discrepancies of literal meanings and traditional meanings. As an
example, Matthew 6:6 becomes an Eastern sadhana on the power in the lower
‘heart’ or gut.
I would cite a Chinese? Proverb, “The finger pointing at the moon”.
The finger becomes important in formal religions and the moon is forgotten.
Krishna and Christ are beautiful cultured fingers, but what were they
teaching?
Are we questioning fingers or the teachings?

Regards
Bob