dvija varNa

Ven. Tantra troyoga at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 19 02:07:35 UTC 2001

Lance Cousins wrote:

<<We know that the Emperor Asoka was shown places
associated with the Buddha's life-story around 150
years after his death. Since this is the earliest
occurrence of writing in India, we cannot get earlier
data from written sources.>>

Are we are saying that Asoka, the biggest cheese of
his day, ordered it be published that he had visited
sites associated with a legendary figure of uncertain
name?

<<So for me the kind of passages we get in e.g. some
of the Majjhimanikaaya discourses presenting those
teachings show every sign of being the product of a
single originating mind.>>

Perhaps the mind of the author of those discourses?

best rgrds,

Ven. Tantra