Khojki & India Gandhi's "minority demonisation"

Samar Abbas abbas at IOPB.RES.IN
Thu Feb 15 03:46:18 UTC 2001

Rohan Oberoi wrote:
>Indira Gandhi's well known Hindu mobilisation and minority
>demonisation campaigns are only one facet of this.

 I agree with Mr.Rohan Oberoi-one of the few really secular persons left.
Now, many on the list do not agree with him :

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Yashwant Malaiya wrote:
> But what "minority demonization" Oberoi is talking about?

 Actually, it is certain most list members are aware of (although it is
surprising many `Indian academic researchers' pretend not to know of)
Mrs.Gandhi's mass murder of 300,000 Sikhs and her attack on the Sikh
Golden Temple (http://burningpunjab.com).

 Likewise, her son Sanjay Gandhy personally directed the enforced
sterlisation of thousands of Muslim and Dalit men as `population
restriction'. Surely our `official historians' know that more than 90% of
all men sterilised by him (no doubt with the support of his mother) were
Muslim and Dalit, and that this program was suggested to Sanjay by
his caste-brothers from the Sangh? : -

 "[T]he dominant and most influential segment of the
 sangh parivar leadership had countenanced Sanjay Gandhi's
 coercive family planning campaign; as far as the RSS establishment
 was concerned Sanjay Gandhi was the first ``leader'' with guts to
 target the Muslim slums and bastis."
{ Harish Khare, The Hindu, June 14, 2000
 http://www.indiaserver.com/thehindu/2000/06/14/stories/05142523.htm }

 I challenge anybody to name a woman anywhere in world history who has
killed more people than Indira.

 There is very little difference between the Cong and the BJP:  Both are
dominated by upper-caste Hindi speakers (esp. Brahmins) from
Hindi-Cow-Belt, both are almost fanatic in their religious zeal, both are
violently anti-Tamil and anti-Urdu, both are fanatically
pro-Hindi/pro-Sanskrit, and both have slaughtered millions of innocent
persons not belonging to the sacred Hindi-Aryan race. If anything, the
BJP's 10,000 murdered Muslims pales into peanuts compared to Congress'
300,000 Sikhs and 70,000 Muslims. Yeah, so Cong is `secular'. Right. Then,
BJP is really secular.

 How will history judge mankind's greatest female killer? Mr. Lee Kuan
Yew, Senr. Minister, Singapore, says :

- "...to win the Hindi-Hindu vote in North India, [Indira] consciously or
 otherwise brought Hindu chauvinism to the surface and allowed it to
 become a legitimate force in Indian politics"

- He says her actions led to the demolition of Babri Masjid.

- "She was more determined and ruthless a political leader than Margaret
 Thatcher, Sirimavo  Bandaranaike or Benazir Bhutto "

{http://www.indiaserver.com/thehindu/2000/09/18/stories/03180005.htm}

 Perhaps, Sanghis/Congis may now consider if Mr. Lee Yew is a `Talibani'
or a `Paki'? A suggested etymology a la Pandit Oak:

  Arabic `Yehudi' -> English/Angulisthani `Jew' -> Singapori `Yew'.

There are many upper-caste families in the Hindee-Cow-belt which have some
some brothers/sisters in the Congress, others in the BJP. Rajiv Gandhy's
cousin Mr. Arun Nehru is a BJP member, and there are truckloads of such
examples from Nehru-Gandhy family. The Scindia family is another point.
One mother in BJP, her own son in the Congress. So here we have the proof:

   50 year Compani rule (1789-1947)
 + 40 years Congi rule (1947-1990s)
 + 5 year BJPi rule (1990s-2000)
   = > 100 year Sanghi rule

 So 100 year Sanghi rule, leading to Hindee enforcement, Babri, 300,000
Sikh graves,etc. 100 years of Congi/Sanghi rule has led to the present
bias in Indian history, science and Indology.

Another article by Mr.A.A.Engineer states:

- "Indira... had even planned to inaugurate the Bharat Mata temple
  constructed by the VHP in Mathura"

-"Indira... even tried to court the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, a RSS front...
  after conversion of a few Dalit families to Islam in Meenakshipuram
 district of Tamil Nadu."

- Indira Gandhy demolished scores of Muslim buildings : -

  "His [Sanjay's] policies of forced family planning and
 demolition of structures belonging to minorities and weaker sections
 of society alienated them from Indira Gandhi."

{ref.:`The BJP & its 20 years,' Asghar Ali Engineer,
http://www.indiaserver.com/thehindu/2000/06/01/stories/05012523.htm
and `The Congress(I), secularism & minorities,'
http://www.indiaserver.com/thehindu/temp/stories/05042523.htm }

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Yashwant Malaiya wrote:
> [Indira] ... was in some sense more Hindu that her father

 Indira was willing to prostrate herself for one and a half hours in front
of Pandit Saraswati, which is probably enough to prove that she was"Hindu":

"Indira Gandhi ...prostrated before Sri Chandrashekhara Saraswati,
 the Kanchi Math Paramacharya, for 90 minutes..."
 S.Swamy,
{ http://www.indiaserver.com/thehindu/2000/06/13/stories/05132524.htm }

But then, her father was a Pundit himself, so he was probably more devout.
Had he not died of syphilis by that day, maybe she would have prostrated
herself before Panditji himself.

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Yashwant Malaiya wrote:
> ... but she married a Zoroastrian and her two sons married a
> Christian and a Sikh girl.

 Feroze Gandhy came from a family of Zoroastrian priests. Zoroastrian
priesthood is hereditary, being preserved to the priestly caste of old
Iran - the direct Iranian counterpart to India's Brahmins. They perform
fire rituals similar to Vaidik worship. The Zoroastrian Brahmins were
given shelter in Gujarat by Vaidik Brahmins when the former fled Islamic
Iran c.700AD. Her mother - more a Sanatanist - did not accept Feroze's
Brahminhood, and never reconciled herself.  Her father however, being a
devout Vaidik Pandit, accepted Feroze as a Brahmin. Also, most Vaidik
Brahmins accepted Feroze as a Brahmin, and accordingly the marriage was
performed as per Vaidik rituals. Indira's sons were hence both Brahmin,
despite the Gandhi surname.

Samar