New interpretation of Yoga Suutra

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 12 02:52:11 UTC 2001

>From: Vidyasankar Sundaresan <vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM>
>Please don't take this badly; I wish you well.

All comments accepted, no questions asked :-) That was lot of fun.

>I'm unable to find indrA and bRhaspatI where you find them.

Before I wind up my argument (or whatever is left of it, if any), I think
Prof Dmtri rightly guessed that vRttis in I.6 may be in the temporal order
in an act of perception. No idea if he was the first to hazard this
speculation. In my opinion the order is five fold sAma.. the poet in me
can't resist.. pramANo hiGkAro, viparyayaH prastAvaH.. I'll stop it there.
indra, bRhaspati and the whole gang will surely hang around any message
board where I.6 is posted (just IMO). Even chanting is not needed.

No more on this topic, it is a promise, LOL. We are talking different
languages..

Best regards
Bhadraiah