Did IVC have low-intensity wars?

Vanbakkam Vijayaraghavan vijay at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Wed Feb 7 10:57:47 UTC 2001

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:51:11 +0000, N. Ganesan <naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM>
wrote:

>The ascription of Gods like Indra and VaruNa to tiNai landscapes
>seem to emanate from later layers of TolkAppiyam
>
>The Sanskrit culture in sangam texts cannot be gotten
>from Tolkappiyam because Tol. has layers that are much later
>than sangam times.

Then how do you place which layer i.e. the date a particular line of Thol.
belongs to? If your theory is correct, then Thol. was constantly interfered
with and lines added probabaly till 7th century and Thol. as we know is a
late product

So when does the worship of Indra and Varuna with Indra vizha and other
things begin in old Tamilnadu?