Sanskrit/Udru/Hindi (Re: Did you hear this?)

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at PADMACHOLING.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Feb 2 12:55:48 UTC 2001

Aditya, the Cheerful Hindu Skeptic wrote:

> but even to this day the English written in India is still the
British version when the rest
> of the world and internet uses the American version.

As far as I know, the English that is taught in UK schools and used in
the media is still British English -- the same seems to be largely the
case in New Zealand, Australia, many African countries and to a degree
Canada.   Fortunately there's still some life in the old dog yet :)

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge