Did you hear this?

SuryaPrakash Sharma ridhi88 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 2 03:16:23 UTC 2001

--- Lakshmi Srinivas <lsrinivas at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> --- Arun Gupta <suvidya at OPTONLINE.NET> wrote:
> > I'm also told that the Bhagavad Gita is extremely
> > popular at one of the
> > Indian Institutes of Management.
> >
> > Horror of horrors !  How can this be permitted ?
>
> But that's precisely the point :) Why should
> students
> of IIT read the Gita? Isn't there enough religion/
> popular philosophy already in the ambience promoting
> the "hum kitne mahaan the" worldview?
>
> In any case, if they don't read the Gita in the IIT,
> it's not a major problem. We have it on
> Vidyasankar's
> authority that they all end up in the US. There's
> enough Gita in the Indian community here to last
> them
> a lifetime :)
>
> Why should IIT students learn Sanskrit? If they must
> learn languages, why not modern Indian languages?
> What's wrong with 21st (or the 20th) century that
> one
> must go back in time?
>
> Thanks and Warm Regards,
>
> LS
>
> madam sansket is not dead language but it is alive
in all the other languages spoken in the world?there
are so many words belonging to sanskrit,and available
in other indial languages,the english words
"brother",and "sister" also are derived from sanskrit
root words"bhraatra" ,"swashaa",so if you can learn
sanskrityou will get the root from where all languages
starting.
thats all
spsharma

=====