Fw: Sanskrit Vimilakirti

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Dec 19 17:17:11 UTC 2001

Well the images are certainly of a paper, not palm leaf MS.  And I would
say 11-12c is the very earliest possible dating for a MS in that
condition, with that script.  But I wouldn't argue with Lore Sander.  :-)

Since it really isn't easy to confuse paper with palm leaf, perhaps the MS
we are seeing on the web is just "something similar" used to illustrate
the article?

Has the Lhasa MS been photographed completely?

Dominik

--
Wellcome Senior Research Fellow (from January 2002)
Wellcome Centre for the History of Medicine at UCL.