Closing INDOLOGY

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 15 18:18:42 UTC 2001

Thanks, Dominik for giving me the opportunity to learn
so much from Sanskritists. Hopefully the Tamil data
presented over the years is helpful for some Indologists.

I was asking for the "search" facility of the archives when it wasn't.
Will the archives remain available? Also, the yahoogrops
search option is not great as INDOLOGY.

Is it possible an Indology academic run this list or a
similar list?

Thanks, I made many friends here,
N. Ganesan

Dominik Wujastyk wrote:
<<<
I have requested the owners of the INDOLOGY list at the University
of Liverpool to close the list as soon as possible.

I have opened a list at Yahoo, called indology at yahoogroups.com and
I shall be sending everyone from INDOLOGY at liverpool an invitation to
join that new list.  The invitation will contain simple instructions
about what to do in order to join the new list.

I shall not assume any special editorial or moderating function at
the yahoo list; in the longer run I may not even retain my membership;
the discussion can proceed as the membership wishes.  The list members
must behave in a manner which adheres to the guidelines governing
Yahoo groups. See the Yahoo website (http://www.yahoogroups.com) for
more details of the rules governing Yahoo discussion groups.

Best wishes, and good luck everybody!

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.