On S. Farmer, also on invasion

Periannan Chandrasekaran perichandra at YAHOO.COM
Sat Apr 14 03:36:56 UTC 2001

--- Michael Witzel <witzel at FAS.HARVARD.EDU> wrote:
>..
>
> Why? Simply because we like to listen to each other's points of view. We
> both bring in items that are not (prominent) in the background of the
> other. Thus, we have been going on about topics such as canonization, now
> Panini etc., for a long time (off list). Simply because we learn from each
> other. S. Farmer has helped me to rethink a number of my major positions
> and even more so on details,

I hope people see the bloated "ego" (as big as an Ivy League prof's can get)
of Dr. Witzel here admitting that he has learnt a lot quantitatively and
qualitatively from someone who  has just come under fire for not being expert
in Witzel's area.

If that is ego for some folks, we would like to  see more of it!

Regards,
P. Chandrasekaran.