India's UGC to fund jyotissastra

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Sun Apr 1 15:42:19 UTC 2001

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Bhadraiah Mallampalli wrote:

> That was a handy example of paranoid onesided journalism from UK.

I don't yet have any point of view on the content of the article I cited,
but if you wish to claim that it is "paranoid", then you *must* give your
reasons.  This is an academic list, and your criticism is not framed as an
academic claim.  Furthermore, the journalism was "from" India, not the UK.
The paper is published in the UK, but the journalist is resident in India:
I have no specific knowledge of his nationality, nor would it be
academically sound to use that information as part of my judgement on his
writing.

Again, I wish to insist upon the fact that the INDOLOGY list is for
academic discussion.  It is not a forum designed for the general
expression of personal opinion.

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.