varuNa's noose

J. Kingston Cowart jkcowart at ADNC.COM
Sun Sep 24 21:48:53 UTC 2000

----------------------

At 07:48 PM 09/24/2000 KST, Jaekwan Shim wrote:
>Anybody know are there further discussions on <varuNa's noose> in context of
>darzapUrNamAsa ritual since Stephanie Jamison commented (Sacrificed
>Wife/Sacrificer's Wife) on F.M. Smith's reading. I know the one by Julia
>Leslie(Menstruation Myths), but other else ?
>Welcome any comments on this subject.

Dear Prof. Shim,

I believe Lynn Denton discusses varuNa's noose to some extent in
this essay:

        Denton, Lynn Teskey.  �Varieties of Hindu Female Asceticism.�
                In _Roles and Rituals for Hindu Women_  Ed. Julia Leslie.
                Rutherford, N.J.: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press,
                1991.  (Ch. 10,  pp. 211-231.)

It may be helpful to you, although I cannot say how specifically it
addresses the particular topic of your interest.

Perhaps others on the list are familiar with it and can advise you more
fully in that regard.

Yours truly,

J. Kingston Cowart, M.S.
San Diego, California